Most vehicle crashes involve at least three collisions; an impact between the vehicle and another object, an impact between the vehicle occupants and the vehicle interior, and an impact involving the occupants’ internal organs. Tom is one of the few experts with the qualifications to reconstruct a vehicle collision through all of these phases.
As an automotive expert, Tom can piece together a vehicle from start to finish: the brake system, transmission, shocks, engine, power steering, air conditioning, fuel systems. He has 30 years experience in automotive engineering with expertise ranging from used and new vehicles to antiques and classics. His vehicle expertise also includes areas of product liability, specializing in engine, transmission, ABS, sudden acceleration, brakes, steering, suspension, seat belt, air bag and other vehicle failures.
Tom’s expertise in crash reconstruction is not limited to motor vehicles; he can also reconstruct crashes involving pedestrian knockdowns, passenger car, light truck, heavy truck, horse and buggy, and bicycles. In nearly twenty years with Robson Forensic, Tom has investigated more than one thousand crash cases.
Tom is a Professional Engineer, a member of the Society of Automotive Engineers, and the Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine and is ASE certified.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Expert Testimony – Judge Upholds Relevance and Qualification of Testimony
United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania concludes that testimony of Robson Forensic's expert in biomechanics, injury causation and liability, in a case involving an amusement ride, is both relevant to the jury's determination of negligence, and within his area of expertise.
In the attached opinion the presiding Judge found that:
- Mr. Lacek’s Expert Report details measures that Defendant could have taken to prevent the injury .. including the installation of restraints that would have insured that patrons would remain within the confines of the car in which they were riding. [….] Mr. Lacek’s proposed testimony is however, obviously calculated to assist the trier of fact and based upon scientific principles. As such, it is relevant to the jury’s determination.
- Based upon Lacek’s educational achievements, work experience, and professional associations … he possesses the requisite level of expertise to assist the jury in understanding the nature and cause of the accident in question.
View Full Article HERE
- Vehicular Homicide - Expert Reconstructs SUV-Pedestrian Collision
A mother was struck and killed by an approaching SUV while jogging with her two children in a stroller. The driver of the SUV may or may not have failed to stop at a Stop sign, causing the collision. Evidence of marijuana was found in the SUV. The driver of the SUV faced charges of vehicular homicide and vehicular homicide while under the influence. Robson Forensic vehicle engineering expert, Tom Lacek, P.E., was retained to reconstruct the crash to determine the driver’s impact speed and the victim’s pre-impact location when the driver began to react to the impending collision.
View Full Case HERE
- Biomechanics - Bioengineering- Biomedical - Robson Forensic Experts
Our Bioengineering practice includes degreed and licensed
Biomechanical and Biomedical Engineers. Our experts offer
leading-edge technical expertise and interdisciplinary knowledge,
combined with years of collective experience in litigation,
arbitration and mediation. Working with both plaintiff and defense
cases, we provide scrupulous analysis and a balanced perspective.
View Full Mailer HERE