Our amusement and theme park investigators survey the causes of a client's injuries and claims to determine:
- Amusement and theme park equipment safety, defects, maintenance, use, and malfunction procedures.
- Park safety in both equipment and machinery use - were they used correctly?
- Was the theme park activity properly supervised and controlled to prevent an accident?
- Were customers taught the necessary procedures and skills to safely enjoy the ride or attraction?
Our experts can testify to the ride maintenance and operations, safety, OSHA standards, theme park medical response capabilities, risk and hazard procedures, insurance claims, amusement park warning signs and their placement, fence placement and construction, fall protection mechanisms, track route and construction, and more. We have specialized experts to address other concerns that may be a factor in an amusement park incident or injury including human factors, materials failures, weather factors, attraction failure, human negligence and more.
- Expert Testimony – Judge Upholds Relevance and Qualification of Testimony
United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania concludes that testimony of Robson Forensic's expert in biomechanics, injury causation and liability, in a case involving an amusement ride, is both relevant to the jury's determination of negligence, and within his area of expertise.
In the attached opinion the presiding Judge found that:
- Mr. Lacek’s Expert Report details measures that Defendant could have taken to prevent the injury .. including the installation of restraints that would have insured that patrons would remain within the confines of the car in which they were riding. [….] Mr. Lacek’s proposed testimony is however, obviously calculated to assist the trier of fact and based upon scientific principles. As such, it is relevant to the jury’s determination.
- Based upon Lacek’s educational achievements, work experience, and professional associations … he possesses the requisite level of expertise to assist the jury in understanding the nature and cause of the accident in question.
View Full Article HERE
- Waterslide – Expert Investigates Collision in Waterslide Run-Out
A physician broke his arm while attempting to exit the run-out at the end of a waterslide. After the victim completed his descent of the slide, he rose to his feet and was struck by the following rider; his legs were knocked out from under him and he fell upon the edge of the waterslide, fracturing his humerus. Robson Forensic aquatic safety expert, Maria Bella, AFOIT, CPOI, LGI, was retained to determine if the waterpark operated the subject waterslide in a manner that caused this incident.
View Full Case HERE
- Just Add Water - Expert Discusses Hotel Waterparks
It’s the hottest trend to hit the hospitality industry in decades: to increase heads in beds, just add an indoor waterpark to a hotel. It works so well that some chains have come up with their own formula to expedite the process. With all of the money flowing into these facilities and the rate at which they are being built (nearly 200 new resort waterparks are proposed or in progress for construction in the United States and Canada) it’s easy to understand why safety may be a secondary concern as players rush to get into the game and preserve their hard won market share of leisure and business travelers.
View Full Article HERE
- Robson Forensic Brochure
Robson Forensic has been providing high quality and professional forensic engineering, architectural, scientific and
investigative services throughout the United States since 1987. Robson Forensic provides expertise in a broad range of forensic and technical disciplines.
View Full Mailer HERE