Do you want to use your training, education, and experience in a new and meaningful way?
If so, you may be interested in working as a Toxicology Expert for Robson Forensic, a longstanding national forensic expert firm with an excellent reputation in the legal and scientific community.
Our Toxicologists review case data, analyze scientific literature, and communicate findings in matters involving a plethora of environmental, occupational, chemical, and biological exposures. These exposures involve alcohol, drugs of abuse, prescription and recreational drugs, nutritional supplements, consumer products, pesticides, carcinogens, and environmental contaminants. We render general and specific causation opinions based upon the facts in evidence and a review of the scientific literature.
- PhD degree in toxicology (preferred, but an MS degree with significant experience will also be considered), preferably with broad training and expertise in a biological discipline (toxicology, chemistry, cancer biology, microbiology, physiology, pathology, and/or environmental sciences, etc.).
- Postdoctoral training and research in toxicology (preferred).
- Board Certification such as DABT or ABFT (preferred).
- Training and experience in mechanistic-oriented animal research and/or human clinical research.
- 10+ years working in the field of toxicology.
- Experience in work related to forensic toxicology, toxicology, or pharmacology.
- If past work experience in industry or government, several broad-based experiences would be highly desirable including work experience in the pharmaceutical industry, a government entity, military, and/or a forensic toxicology laboratory with emphasis on mechanism of action and interpretation of scientific results.
- If past work experience as an assistant, associate, or full professor in an academic institution, actively involved in a toxicology research program, evidence of competitive and renewable research funding, commiserate teaching and committee responsibilities.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a comprehensive team.
- Demonstrated outstanding technical, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- First or senior author in peer-reviewed publications.
- Invited speaker at scientific meetings and seminars.
- Service on advisory or regulatory agency committees, boards, panels, or study sections.
- Elected officer in local, regional, national and/or international organizations.
Robson Forensic is a national leader in expert witness consulting, providing technical expertise across many fields within engineering, architecture, science, and a broad range of specialty disciplines.
Employees at Robson Forensic work alongside highly respected experts from both industry and academia. Our forensic experts are engaged in meaningful casework that is consequential to industry and society. Robson Forensic provides a unique working dynamic that blends collaboration and autonomy.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply:
If this opportunity meets your expectations for a challenging and rewarding career, and you meet our minimum requirements, please send your resume and a cover letter outlining your professional background and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.