Robson Forensic, Inc.
2002 to present
Provide technical investigations, analysis, reports, and testimony for failure analysis, and toward the resolution of commercial and personal injury litigation involving the design, construction, operation and maintenance of electrical systems, equipment, and devices. Areas of expertise include:
- National Electric Code; Class 1, Division 1 and 2, and Class II Division 1 and 2 spaces, explosion proof, lighting, design, operation, electrician, maintenance.
- National Electrical Safety Code; Power distribution, power lines, towers, 69 kV, substations, 3-phase, transformers, grounding, high voltage switches, lightning protection, metering, fully coordinated circuit protection, conduit, wiring, receptacles, power panels, knob and tube.
- Electrical faults, electrical explosions, arc flashes, lightning damage, workplace safety, and electrical safety tools and equipment.
- Industrial control, programmable logic controllers, computer interface design, facility alarm system, lead/lag boiler control, steam flow control, axis speed control systems, communication protocols, high speed processor control, control system console design. Automated vision systems.
- Software, assembly language, C++, Visual Basic, RSView32, Wonderware, database, machine programming, Allen-Bradely, Automax, Omron, Modicon.
- Printing press operation, ink blending, viscosity control, solvent recovery, roto-gravure printing press, offset printing press, automated cylinder electroplating, automated conveyor systems, robotics, ink tanks, pumps, scales, register systems, color control, paper expansion and shrink control, bindery equipment, trim collection systems.
- HVAC systems, air conditioners, air handling, heat recovery, boiler systems, deaerators, compressed air systems, exhaust systems, centrifugal and absorption systems, thermal oxidizer systems.
- Fire suppression systems, Cardox, FM200, halon, wet and dry sprinkler systems, fire pump.
- Fire detection and alarm systems, UV, smoke detectors, flow switches, pressure switches, pull stations. Radio systems, repeaters, programming, receiving and transmission equipment.
- Facility design, maintenance, maintenance resource management, and maintenance record keeping for business campuses including all systems for buildings, streetlights, traffic signals, utilities, fire suppression and power generation.
- Devices serviced include: motors, drives, circuit boards, batteries, uninterruptible power supplies, emergency generator, power conditioners, isolated ground systems, power monitors, heaters, traffic signals, rectifiers, gas sample analyzers, solenoid valves, combustion engine controls, burner systems, ovens, after burner systems, switches, relays, analog devices, digital devices, tachometers, encoders, decoders, multiplexers, TTL, CMOS, power supplies, crane controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, fans, electrostatic systems, motor controls, variable frequency drives, DC drives, soft starters, forklifts, material handling equipment.
- Switches, limit switches, temperature limits, proximity sensors, fuses, relays, circuit breakers, contacts, contactors, motor starters, motors, drives, power supplies, timers, connectors, splices, strain relief, terminals, terminations, cables, cords, conductors, receptacles, plugs, bus bars.
- Semiconductors, capacitors, M.O.V’s (Metal Oxide Varistors), voltage regulators, potentiometers rheostats, thermocouples, RTD’s (resistance thermal detectors) strain gages, chips, rectifiers, SCR’s (silicon controlled rectifiers), battery chargers, charge controllers, battery management units, and batteries.
- Analog transmitters, ultrasonic sensors, inductive sensors, photo-electric devices.
- Appliances serviced include: ranges, dishwashers, water heaters, toasters, refrigerators, televisions, computers.
- Electrocution and electrical shock injuries.
- Electrical causes of fires.
- Video and audio recording equipment, software, and motion analyses.
- Exercise equipment including stair climbers and treadmills.
Fournier, Robson & Associates, LLC
2002 to present
Provide designs for power distribution systems, fire alarm systems, emergency power systems and isolated grounding systems. Provide technical analysis and write technical documents. Provide analysis of standards. Provide design of power distribution, circuit breaker, audio system, and control system enclosures. Provide Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
Ebersole Engineering, Lancaster, PA
2002 to present
Provide engineering services including printing control systems, automation, industrial controller programming, custom software, automated data collection and reporting, hardware design, facility systems, solar systems, and power distribution. Control systems for electroplating operations. Substation design, boiler lead/lag and compressor lead/lag control, steam flow control, solvent storage level control and pumping systems. Manage recalls and service bulletins. Provide custom digital video recording and editing. Video and audio enhancement. Automated vision systems.
Electrical system coordination studies, short circuit analysis studies, steam pressure reducing stations, material handling, electronic drive systems, printing press control systems, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s), roll delivery, pollution control systems, regenerative thermal oxidizers(RTO’s), Modular Thermal Oxidizers (MTO’s), condensers, chillers, liquid flow control, pumps and controls, level, temperature, pressure, and flow sensors, design of communication networks, Ethernet, ControlNet, Profibus, data highway plus, interface devices, analog I/O, deaerators, condensate handling, water storage and transfer, automated crane controls, light curtains, safety guard systems, continuous emission monitoring systems, air compressors, air dryers, solvent meters, steam meters, gas meters, air flow meters, gas concentration analyzers, carbon adsorption systems, cooling towers, HVAC systems, air handlers, roof top units, fire alarm systems, fire suppression systems, cardox systems, CO2 Systems, conveyor systems, trim collection systems, cyclone systems, dust collection systems, cylinder delivery systems, power monitors, power distribution, positioning systems, security cameras, induction loops, touchscreens, Human Machine Interfaces (HMI’s), bindery systems, stitcher lines, barcode systems, lighting energy codes and standards, and construction management.
Lancaster County Career and Technology Center
2008 to 2010
Provided training for electricians and electronic technicians in the mechanical and electrical laboratory. Conducted training for the electrical industry including safety, industrial, commercial, and residential.
Quebecor World, Atglen, PA
Electrical Engineer, Building and Equipment
1995 to 2003
Provided a full range of electrical engineering services for 500,000 square feet, 400 employee printing facility to include the construction and maintenance of electrical systems. Managed projects and utility contract negotiations. Engineered designs for an $89 milliondollar plant expansion including the addition of a 3.5 meter roto-gravure printing press and two offset printing presses. Various discipline responsibilities including HVAC, plumbing and fire protection. Managed internal and external resources involved in projects and installations. Overhead line design, construction, and maintenance including vegetation management. Supervised and coordinated the activities of 4 electronic technicians conducting experiments in the electronics laboratory. High speed scanning systems. Video and audio recording equipment, software, and motion analyses.
R.R. Donnelley & Sons, Lancaster, PA
1986 to 1995
Electrical Projects in the Engineering Department 1994-1995
Printing unit addition for special colors on an offset printing press. Automated electroplating line for cylinder engraving department.
Electrical Maintenance Shop Coordinator 1992-1994
Coordinated 13 maintenance electricians and 3 electronic technicians. Supervised and scheduled these resources for a 24-hour operation. Provided technical support as needed. Estimated costs and suggested enhancements.
Maintenance Electrician 1986-1992
Performed failure analysis, implemented, and serviced various electrical devices that use the lowest DC voltage levels to 3-phase systems of AC up to 69 kV. Completed an apprenticeship through textbook study, written examination, and practical experience, and advanced to Journeyman Electrician. Performed crane inspections. Serviced security alarm systems. Received asbestos training.
Dart Container Corporation, Leola, PA
1983 to 1986
Specialized maintenance on foam cup automated inspection machines. Electrical and mechanical installations. Chain, sprockets, welding, pipe fitting, servicing, adjustments, lubrication, machine timing, photo-cells, solenoids, valves, contactors, relays, wiring, controls, sheet metal and part fabrication, rebuilding, painting, high voltage static eliminators, vacuum systems, power distribution, and pneumatic systems.
Conestoga Country Kitchens, Lancaster, PA
Kitchen Cabinet Installer
1981 to 1983
Installed kitchen cabinets, bath vanities, counter tops, and vent systems.
Professional Engineer: NCEES, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin
Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI)
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Drexel University, 1997
- 360 Training – Sit-down Forklift, April 2021
- PDHOnline.org - Life Safety Code 101, March 2021
- PDHOnline.org - Utilities and Roadside Safety, March 2021
- PDHOnline.org - National Electrical Safety Code, March 2021
- Stand-Up Forklift, April 2020
- PDHOnline.org - Ethics in Life and the Professions, April 2020
- PDHOnline.org - Alternative and Renewable Energy Sources, April 2020
- PDHOnline.org - Deadly Engineering Disasters, March 2020
- PDHOnline.org - Laws, Rules, and Ethics for Indiana Engineers, February 2020
- PDHOnline.org - Geographic Information System 101, February 2020
- PDHOnline.org - Subsurface Utility Engineering, February 2020
- Aerial Lift (Boom Lift/Scissor Lift) Operator Safety Course, December 2019
- PDHOnline.org - Electric Utility Distribution Management, September 2019
- PDHOnline.org – Skyscrapers, July 2019
- NSPE - Engineering Ethics: The PE as an Expert Witness, July 2019
- PDHOnline.org - 2012 International Building Code - Special Detailed Requirements Based on Use and Occupancy, July 2019
- PDHOnline.org - Selected Topics in Mechanics of Materials, March 2019
- PDHEngineer.com - Laws and Rules for Florida Engineers (Renewal Cycle 2017 - 2019), January 2019
- NSPE - Engineering Ethics, October 2018
- PDHOnline.org - An Introduction to Noise Control in Buildings, September 2018
- PDHOnline.org - Maryland Laws and Rules for Professional Engineers, July 2018
- CEDEngineer.com - Engineering Laws, Rules & Ethics for Indiana Professional Engineers, April 2018
- PDHEngineer.org - The Electric Car Revolution, February 2018
- International Society of Arboriculture - Do Utilities Really Care About Contractor Safety, September 2017
- International Society of Arboriculture - Wood Waste and the Human Component, September 2017
- International Society of Arboriculture - Five Years of Energy-Saving Trees, September 2017
- International Society of Arboriculture - Customer Satisfaction at Pacific Gas & Electric, September 2017
- International Society of Arboriculture - A Canadian Perspective on Utility Vegetation Management, September 2017
- International Society of Arboriculture - Professional Utility Management Certificate of Achievement, September 2017
- International Society of Arboriculture - Managing Liabilities on Your Utility Vegetation Management Program, September 2017
- International Society of Arboriculture - Leveraging Tree Outage Data and GIS to Optimize System Reliability, September 2017
- International Society of Arboriculture - Reliability Benefits of Storm Hardening, September 2017
- International Society of Arboriculture - Federal Memorandum of Understanding with the Utility Industry, September 2017
- International Society of Arboriculture - Electric Utility Vegetation Management, Washington, DC, September 2017
- International Society of Arboriculture - Utilizing LiDAR and High Resolution Imagery, September 2017
- International Society of Arboriculture - Do You Really Know Your Vegetation Risk? September 2017
- International Society of Arboriculture - Everything Begins with Safety, September 2017
- International Society of Arboriculture - Operational Excellence, September 2017
- International Society of Arboriculture - Work Force Challenges, September 2017
- PDHEngineer.com – Arc Flash Hazards and Safety-NFPA 70E, April 2017
- NAFI - National Fire, Arson, & Explosion Investigation Training Program, March 2017
- PDHEngineer.com - American Disabilities Act (ADA) 101, March 2017
- PDHEngineer.com - Variable Frequency Drives, February 2017
- PDHOnline.org - Introduction to Cathodic Protection, February 2017
- PDHOnline.org - Design to the Fire Alarm Code - NFPA 72, February 2017
- PDHOnline.org - Professional Ethics, February 2017
- PDHOnline.org - GPS Technologies, January 2017
- PDHEngineer.com - Professional Ethics for Florida Engineers (Renewal Cycle 2015 - 2017), January 2017
- PDHEngineer.com - Laws and Rules for Florida Engineers (Renewal Cycle 2015 - 2017), January 2017
- PDHOnline.org - Fluid Power (Part 1) - Hydraulic Power Units, October 2016
- PDHOnline.org - Fluid Power (Part 1) - Hydraulic Principles, October 2016
- PDHOnline.org - OSHA Fatal Facts: Fatalities Caused by Improper Work Practices, September 2016
- CED Engineering - Engineering Ethics for Maryland Professional Engineers (2016), August 2016
- CED Engineering - Engineering Ethics for Maryland Professional Engineers (Revised August 2014), March 2016
- CED Engineering - Engineering Laws, Rules, and Ethics for Indiana PE's (Revised January, 2016), March 2016
- PSPE - Collaborative Robots, July 2015 PSPE - Advances in Metrology, July 2015
- PSPE - Robot Tooling Design, July 2015
- PDHOnline.org - Electric Vehicles, April 2015
- PDHOnline.org - Overview of Electrical Engineering for School Design, April 2015
- PDHOnline.org - New York Board Laws and Rules, March 2015
- PDHOnline.org - 2014 National Electrical Code (Live Webinar), February 2015
- PDHOnline.org - FEMA's Flood Maps (FIRM) Understanding and Utilizing This Resource (Live Webinar), January 2015
- CED Engineering – OSHA Fatal Facts: Fatalities Caused by Improper Work Practices, January 2015
- PDHOnline.org – Modern Closed Circuit TV Design (Live Webinar), January 2015
- CED Engineering – Florida Laws and Rules for Professional Engineers, (3/1/2013-2/28/15), December, 2014
- NSPE – Public Safety - Ethics - Engineer's Duty to Report, October 2014
- NSPE – Evolving Professional Risks: Construction Delivery Methodologies,…and Other Real and Potential Risks, September 2014 NSPE – Cost Control, September 2014
- NSPE – Communicating Clearly, September 2014
- CED Engineering – Engineering Ethics for Maryland Professional Engineers, (Revised August 2014), August 2014
- CED Engineering – Engineering Laws, Rules, and Ethics for Indiana PE's (Revised December 2012), May 2014
- IAEI – Electrical Calculations 101, April 2014
- NSPE – Contractual Indemnity and Other Poison Pills, April 2014
- NSPE – Ethics – Engineering Expert Witness and Engineering Review Issues, April 2014
- NSPE – Ethics – Business Employment and Licensure Issues, April 2014
- NSPE – Engineering Ethics – A Conversation About Conflicts of Interest Issues, April 2014
- PSPE – Forensic Engineering: Analyzing Accidents, Legal Implications, But Above All – Public Safety, February 2014
- CED Engineering – Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Overview, July 2013
- CED Engineering – Common ADA Errors in Facility Design, July 2013
- CED Engineering – ADA Design of Lodging Facilities, July 2013
- NSPE – Key Federal Contracting Laws That Everyone Must Know, June 2013
- NSPE – How to Conduct Effective Meetings, June 2013
- NSPE – Information Technology Solutions for AEC Professionals, June 2013
- NSPE – Got BIM? It's Not Just About 3D Models, June 2013
- NSPE – Harnessing the Power of Change, June 2013
- NSPE – Ethics Forum: Conflicts of Interest: Will Proposed Federal Rules Impact Engineering Practice, June 2013
- NSPE – EJCDC Construction Contracts: Key Clauses and New Approaches, June 2013
- Photovoltaic System Design for Commercial and Residential Buildings, January 2013
- NSPE – The Fundamentals of Finance and Accounting for Engineers, December 2012
- NSPE – Health, Safety, and Welfare: The Social Responsibility of Construction Quality Assurance, December 2012
- NSPE – Ethics Forum: Staying True to Client Expectations, October 2012
- PDH Enterprises – Changes to the 2011 National Electrical Code, September 2012
- PDH Enterprises – Florida Laws and Rules Course 2011 – 2013, September 2012
- NSPE – Engineers as Skilled Communicators, June 2012
- NSPE – Engineering Ethics: What Do Millennials, GenXers and Boomers Think?, June 2012
- NSPE – Business Development: How to Succeed in the New Economy, June 2012
- NSPE – BIM Legal – 2010: Challenges and Opportunities in the Use of Building Information Modeling in Project Delivery, June 2012
- NSPE – Being Right or Being Effective Can Make or Break Your Engineering Career, June 2012
- NSPE – Avoiding the Pitfalls of Green Building, June 2012
- National Fire, Arson, & Explosion Investigation Training Program, NAFI, 2012
- CED – Engineering – Introduction to Solid State Semiconductors, August 2011
- NSPE – Winning QBS Strategies for Powerful Project Interviews, July 2011
- NSPE – A Sustainable Approach to Planning and Design, July 2011
- NSPE – Solving the Risks in Green Design, July 2011
- NSPE – Qualification Based Selection Process Under Attack, July 2011
- NSPE – The New Ethics and Compliance Rules for Contractors, July 2011
- Penn State York, Advanced Induction Motor Principles, July 2011
- NSPE – Negotiation for Success, July 2011
- NSPE – How to Start Your Own Engineering Firm, July 2011
- NSPE – Ethics Forum – Access to Client Information, July 2011
- NSPE – Ethical Engineering Concepts and Challenges, July 2011
- NSPE – Engineering Leadership – What, Why and How, July 2011
- NSPE – Comparing Contract Documents, July 2011
- NSPE – Duty to Report, July 2011
- NSPE – Communicating Technical Ideas Persuasively, July 2011
- NSPE – Advanced Robotics, July 2011
- PSPE – Robotic Applications, July 2011
- PSPE – Introduction to Robotics, July 2011
- NSPE – Ethics Forum - Ethical Engineering and Fair Trade - Ethics of Agreements, January 2011
- NSPE – Ethics Forum - Ethical Engineering and Fair Trade - Employment Practices, October 2010
- PSPE – The Integrated Design Process, September, 2010
- Lancaster County Industrial Safety Council, Electrical Safety
- Millersville University, Digital Electronics, Linear Electronics
- Stevens Trade School, Transistors
- Harrisburg Area Community College, Access 97
- Rockwell, DC Drive Training
- Rockwell, Vector Control AC Drive
- Rockwell, Automax Network
- Wonderware, In-Touch Comprehensive
- Yesco, Visual Basic
- Lancaster County Industrial Safety Council, NFPA 70E
- National Association of Fire Investigators
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Pennsylvania Society of Professional Engineers
- Lincoln Chapter of Professional Engineers
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Standards Technical Panel for Wire Connectors, UL 486A-G
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Standards Technical Panel 1977 for Data, Signal, Control and Power Connectors
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Standards Technical Panel 9990 Outline of Investigation for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Power Cables
- Pennsylvania Association of Arson Investigators (PAAI) – Associate Member
- HVAC Equipment and Electrical Investigation for the Pennsylvania Association of Arson Investigators (PAAI), January 2008
- OSHA Training Course, April 2006
- Engineering Course, May 2002, 2004, 2006
- Fire/Explosion Origin and Cause Investigation Course, July 2006
Integrating Electronic Equipment and Power into Rack Enclosures, Middle Atlantic Products, July 16, 2008
- Board of Directors Member – Neighborhood Services, 2012-2016
- Neighborhood Services is a non-profit United Way agency. Board of Director Membership is a volunteer position. Jointly with other board members direct and manage staff activities and staff levels including operations and financial group.
- Projectionist – Song Show Plus Software