Expert Witness Biography
Mark Webber is a Board Certified Master Arborist and a Certified Professional Horticulturist with nearly forty years of relevant professional experience. He provides investigations, reports, and testimony in matters related to tree condition, maintenance and removal; management of nursery, arboricultural, and landscaping operations; and an assortment of horticultural issues.
Mark started working at farms and nurseries in 1975. He remains active in his industry as the Founder/Co-owner of a landscaping nursery and farm. His company provides a full range of landscape design and installation, tree evaluation, lawn care, weed control, tree and arboricultural services, drainage improvements, and installation of retaining walls. Mark also worked for some time as a Research Assistant for the BASF Corporation involving fungicides, insecticides, and herbicides and as an Apiary (Honey Bee) Technician for The Ohio State University.
Mark earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Horticultural Science with a minor in Agricultural Business from The Ohio State University. He is designated as a Board Certified Master Arborist by the International Society of Arboriculture, and is a Tree Risk Assessment Qualified Arborist and is a Master Nursery Technician by the Ohio Nursery & Landscape Association. He is also recognized as a MArborA by the UK’s Arboricultural Association, a New Jersey Licensed Tree Expert (LTE #639), and a Licensed Arborist in multiple states. The board of the American Society of Horticultural Science has designated Mark as a Certified Professional Horticulturist.
Tree Expert Witness Investigations
Mark is regularly retained to investigate a broad range of injuries and property damage claims involving trees, plants, and other landscaping features. Topics representative of his casework include:
- Trees/Branches Falling on People & Property
- Trees Falling into Roadways Causing Vehicle Crashes
- Injuries that Occur During Pruning or Tree Removal
- Property Damage from Application / Misapplication of Herbicides
- Electric Shock Injuries to Landscape Workers
- Slips, Trips & Falls related to Landscaping Activities
- Tree / Plant Growth Obstructing Roadway Signage
- Vegetation Management in Utility Right of Ways
- Valuation of Damaged Trees
- Valuation of Trees Removed without Consent
State of New Jersey, Licensed Tree Expert (LTE) #639