Robson Forensic, Inc.
2022 to present
Provide technical investigations, analysis, reports, and testimony toward the resolution of commercial and personal injury litigation involving all aspects of HVAC, plumbing and fire protection system for buildings and facilities, mechanical systems including design, engineering, construction, testing, evaluation, failure analysis, operation, and maintenance.
- Heating equipment: Boilers, gas and oil-fired burners, heating & ventilating units, furnaces, gas & electric heaters, cabinet unit heaters, heat pumps, heat exchangers, safety relief valves, base board radiators, radiant tubing, balancing valves, strainers, electric & steam heat trace.
- Cooling equipment: Centrifugal chillers, absorption chillers, packaged rooftop units, air handlers, make-up air units (MAU), DOAS, DX split systems, cooling towers, air-cooled condensers, variable refrigerant flow (VRF) heat pump systems, chilled beams, energy recovery units, desiccant units, and fan coils units.
- Controls: HVAC DDC /Building management controls including temperature, pressure and humidity control, safety, chilled water systems controls, heating/hot water/steam systems controls, burner control, control valves, variable frequency drives (VFD’s), freeze protection, fire safety/ smoke control, pressurization controls, humidification and de-humidification systems.
- Air distribution: Air handlers, ductwork, variable air volume boxes (VAV), dampers, general and process exhaust, laboratory fume hoods, kitchen exhaust and outdoor/makeup air.
- Mechanical piping and distribution: Chilled water, heating hot water, high/medium/low pressure steam, condenser water, primary/secondary/tertiary pumping systems, pump type selection, variable and constant pumping systems, acid waste distributions and collection.
- Ventilation: Outdoor/makeup air system, exhaust system, indoor air quality.
- TAB: Testing, adjusting, and balancing of air and hydronic systems.
- Domestic hot and cold-water systems: Water heaters, mixing valves, temperature controls, pumps, circulators, valves, water hammer/surge suppression, water treatment and filtration systems.
- Sanitary and storm drainage systems: Gravity and pumped drainage, grease, and sediment interceptors, plumbing fixtures, primary & secondary storm drains, sand filters and septic system.
- Gas systems: Natural gas and propane, regulators and venting, hood safety interlock, gas fired generators and gas fired appliances.
- Oil systems: Fuel oil storage and containment, distribution pumps, diesel generator, fuel oil controls & piping, alarms, and safety interlocks.
- Compressed air systems: Air compressors, distribution systems, piping, hose, receivers, regulators, and controls.
- Fire protection systems: Wet, dry, and pre-action sprinkler systems, chemical fire suppression systems.
- Equipment: Fire pump systems (electric/diesel), jockey pumps, and water storage tanks.
- Fire alarm systems: Heat detectors, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, flow switches, OS&Y valve tamper switches.
- RO/DI: Reverse Osmosis and De-Ionized process water systems.
- Gases: Natural gas, compressed air, O2, N2, and process gas piping, regulators, appliances; medical gas systems.
- Steam and hot water: High-pressure and low-pressure steam, high temperature hot water, pressure regulating valves (PRVs) and hot water booster heaters.
- Specialized systems: Dust collections, baghouses, dryers, heat exchangers, centrifuges, desiccant dehumidifiers, laboratories, pharmaceutical.
- Practices and procedures: cGMP, process validation, standard operating procedures (SOP) development, user/functional requirements specifications (URS/FRS), preventive maintenance orders (PMO) and mitigation investigation reports (MIR) for HVAC, plumbing, process, and utilities.
A&J Consulting Engineering Services
2000 to 2022
Director of MEP Engineering 2012-2022
Senior Project Manager (MEP) 2009-2012
Project Manager (MEP) 2006-2009
Senior Project Engineer 2003-2006
Project Engineer 2000-2003
Responsible for the design, engineering, project management and construction administration of HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection system for commercial, institutional, industrial, and pharmaceutical buildings and facilities.
Responsibilities included but were not limited to:
- Feasibility Studies for existing condition evaluation, failure analysis, retrofits & renovation scope, energy evaluation and life cycle cost assessment.
- Engineered calculations for HVAC, plumbing and sprinkler system.
- Developed designed and construction documents (drawings and specifications) for HVAC, plumbing and fire protection sprinkler system.
- Developed control system schematics, and sequence of operation for HVAC systems.
- Selection of HVAC, plumbing and fire protection equipment and incorporation of energy conservation methods in design.
- Reviewed and complied with applicable codes and standards.
- Coordinated with the clients, consultants, and contractors.
- Construction administration - Reviewed shop drawings, Request for Information, responses, site inspections, reviewed equipment testing, start-up, and commissioning reports.
- Verified construction work for conformance with contract documents
- Led a team of engineers and designers to accomplish the project in timely and efficient manner.
Design, engineering, management, and construction administration of several projects involving HVAC, plumbing and fire protection equipment and building system such as:
- Central cooling plants with centrifugal chillers, absorption chillers, air-cooled chillers, ice storage tanks, primary/secondary chilled water pumps, distribution piping, cooling towers.
- Steam boilers, hot water boilers, burners, heating and ventilation units, radiators, strainers, control valves, hot water pumps, condensate pumps.
- Air handling units (AHUs), rooftop units (RTUs), split systems, energy recovery units, fan coil units, ductwork distribution, dust collection system, building management control system.
- HVAC systems for clean room facilities to meet the pressurization, air changes, filtration and humidity control requirements for different classification/grades.
- Water heaters, hot water heat exchangers, domestic cold & hot water systems, mixing valves, pressure and temperature regulators, backflow preventers (RPZ/DCV), plumbing fixtures, acid waste, sanitary, vent & storm systems, process cooling, steam and condensate systems, compressed air systems, reverse osmosis and de-Ionized (RO/DI) process water systems, natural gas, vacuum, compressed air, O2, N2, and process gas piping.
- Wet and dry fire sprinkler systems, standpipe systems, pre-action suppression systems, diesel and electric fire pumps, fire water storage tanks, fire hose valves, floor control valve assemblies.
- On-site engineering support for developing cGMP documentation such as standard operating procedures (SOP), user/functional requirements specifications (URS/FRS), preventive maintenance orders (PMO) and mitigation investigation reports (MIR) for HVAC, plumbing, process, and utilities.
- Condition assessment of boiler plants and facilities due to damages caused by Hurricane Sandy.
Roots Air Systems Limited, New Delhi, India
1999 to 2000
Responsible for the HVAC system design, engineering, cost estimation, project planning and construction management for installation of HVAC equipment such as chillers, cooling towers, pumps, air handlers and ductwork.
Kamal Engineering Corporation, New Delhi, India
1998 to 1999
Responsible for design, engineering, cost estimation, production of fabrication drawings, and supervision of installation of mechanical equipment at construction site such as pressure vessels, heat exchangers, column trays, dampers, expansion joints, actuators and diverters used in the refinery and chemical industries.
Bachmann Industries India Limited, Faridabad, India
1996 to 1998
Responsible for design, engineering, cost estimation, production of fabrication drawings, and supervision of installation of mechanical equipment at construction site such as dampers, expansion joints, actuators and diverters used in the refinery and chemical industries.
- Registered Professional Engineer: New Jersey, New York
- LEED AP BD+C Certification from U.S. Green Building Council
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Pune, India
- Sustainable Design for Restrooms, Locker Rooms, and Public Spaces, 2021
- Impact of DOAS Dew Point on Space Humidity, 2021
- Applying VRF for a Complete Building Solution, 2021
- Simplifying Control Systems, 2021
- Smart & Sustainable Laboratory Glassware Washers, 2021
- Sustainable Plumbing Design for LEED Projects, 2021
- Thermal Comfort and Air Movement with HVLS Fans, 2021
- Thermal Storage Applications, 2021
- Understanding Structured Plumbing and Demand Controlled Systems, 2021
- Decarbonization and Electrification of HVAC Systems, 2021
- Confined Space Entry, 2020
- Energy Efficient Kitchen Ventilation Design, 2020
- Ethics for Professional Engineers-Case Reviews, 2020
- Introduction to Controls, 2020
- Laboratory Fume Exhaust, 2020
- Life Safety Dampers, 2020
- Make-up Air Systems, 2020
- Motor Technology in the HVAC Industry, 2020
- Variable Speed Compressors on Chillers, 2019
- Upgrading Existing Chilled Water System, 2019
- Radiant Ceiling Panels and Applications, 2019
- Air Handling System, Energy and IAQ, 2019
- Airside Economizers and HVAC System, 2019
- Central Geothermal System Design and Control, 2019
- Chilled Water Terminal Systems, 2019
- Dedicated Outdoor Air Equipment, 2019
- Ice Storage Design and Application, 2019
- Maximum Efficiency with Hydronic Heating, 2019
- Niagara and IP Controllers in Building Automation, 2019
- HVAC Acoustics, 2019
- Air to Air Energy Recovery, 2018
- Single Zone VAV System, 2018
- New York - Laws, Rules, and Ethics for Professional Engineers, 2018
- Variable Frequency Drive, 2017
- Optimization in Water Pumping Systems, 2017
- Active Chilled Beams Overview, 2016
- Basics of Acoustics for HVAC Applications, 2016
- Dedicated Outside Air Systems, 2016
- Geothermal Systems Design and Installation Considerations, 2016
- Kitchen Ventilation Solutions, 2016
- Laboratory Design Basics and Special Waste Piping Systems, 2016
- SMACNA - Fire, Smoke and Radiation Damper Installation for HVAC Systems, 2016
- New Tomorrows for Today's Buildings - Existing Building Commissioning, 2015
- Active Chilled Beams in K-12 Schools, 2014
- Application & Design of Absorption Chillers, 2014
- Commercial Hydronics, 2014
- Commercial Radiant Systems, 2014
- Condensing Boilers and Efficient Systems, 2014
- Healthcare & Laboratory Valve & Control Solutions, 2014
- Munters Desiccant Dehumidification Technical Training, 2014
- Steam Basics & Optimization, 2013
- The Art and Science of Domestic Hot Water Design, 2013
- Controlling Condensing Boilers and Water Heaters, 2013
- FEMA - Improving Critical Facilities Safety from Flooding and High Winds, 2013
- IAQ, Air Cleaning and Energy, 2012
- Professional Ethics for Engineers, 2012
- Air-cooled Variable Refrigerant Flow Systems, 2012
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE)
- Society of Indo-American Engineers and Architects (SIAEA)