Experts specializing in health care human factors develop systems, processes, and procedures to minimize the risk of human error across a broad range of health care settings. Our experts approach their forensic casework with impressive academic credentials and professional experience at world class health networks.
FORENSIC INVESTIGATIONS INVOLVING HEALTHCARE HUMAN FACTORS
Health care human factors experts apply their training, education, and experience to understand where and why health care systems, processes, and procedures broke down within the context of specific mishaps. This includes investigating the process of human error as well as the causes, circumstances, conditions, and associated procedures and devices related to adverse events.
Our experts apply the fundamental principles of human factors including human information processing, decision making, training, and user interface design to investigate adverse events involving health care technology and adverse events that occur in a clinical environment. Our experts specializing in health care human factors investigate the following issues:
- Were adequate procedures in place to prevent error?
- Was the practitioner adequately trained on procedures?
- Did the practitioner follow procedures?
- Were redundant safety measures included in procedures to prevent error?
- Did workarounds exist because of gaps in policy or the system?
- Was the design of the medical equipment user interface error-provocative?
- Were the warnings, instructions and training for the medical equipment adequate?
Healthcare Systems & Technology
- Were tools, technology and/or equipment available and working properly?
- Were safeguards in place to protect the practitioner at the time in which the error or harm occurred?
- Was the practitioner able to obtain the necessary information to inform decision making leading up to or during the event?
- Were interruptions and/or distractions contributing factors to the event?
EVIDENCE & TESTING
Robson Forensic offers a fully appointed mechanical testing laboratory to assist our clients with the inspection and testing of evidence in human factors and ergonomics cases. Our lab facilities can accommodate large evidence items and are equipped to perform testing on a variety of electrical and mechanical devices. Visit our Mechanical Testing Laboratory page for more information.
DISCUSS YOUR CASE WITH AN EXPERT
Call or submit an inquiry to tell us about your case. Once we determine which expert is best qualified to assist, we will put you in direct contact.