Casework involving medical products or biological samples will often require the storage and analysis of evidence. Robson Forensic offers a fully appointed medical device and biological laboratory to assist clients with managing this critical aspect of their practice.
Medical Device & Biological Laboratory Services
The engineers and scientists at Robson Forensic have developed a complete solution for medical evidence involved in legal disputes.
Currently, Robson Forensic handles thousands of cases involving medical evidence. Our state of the art, fully staffed medical device lab is dedicated to retrieving, accessioning, examining, and securely storing all types of medical devices, medical products, and biological samples. Using a patented product, we pride ourselves on our ability to hold our practice to strict standards abiding by case specific court ordered protocols and beyond.
Laboratory Services Include:
- Patented intra-operative or post-operative explant retrieval kits.
- Trained staff available to coordinate with hospitals, doctors, pathology departments, and plaintiffs in the retrieval of incident devices.
- Upon receipt, evidence is preserved by the highest laboratory standards and where applicable, in accordance with court directives.
- Photographic documentation, detailed visual inspection, verification of ID numbers and confirmation of device type are all performed and cataloged.
- Secure storage of the highest standards.
- In-house experts available to perform failure analysis including, but not limited to; SEM, CMM, microscopy, tribological analysis, white light and wear testing.
- In cases requiring additional testing, we are equipped to coordinate those efforts with minimal turnaround time.
Our evidence management and storage procedures ensure that the evidence in your case is collected, thoroughly documented, and stored systematically to preserve its condition from the time it enters our custody through case closure. All of our policies and procedures are in accordance with strict NFPA and ASTM standards.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Contact our Evidence & Laboratory Services Manager, Bret W. Johnson, for information on our laboratory services and how they apply to your case.