The experts involved in investigating a pedestrian strike vary as much as the cases themselves. While typically rooted in crash reconstruction or highway engineering, these cases regularly involve experts specializing in human factors, meteorology, premises safety, or toxicology. As a full-service forensic firm, we address all of these issues and more.
Collisions between vehicles and pedestrians
There is a staggering variety of factors that may contribute to a pedestrian being struck by a motor vehicle. Due to the depth and breadth of our expertise, you can find on-point experts at Robson Forensic to address nearly all of them.
Our experts are frequently retained after a pedestrian has been struck by a motor vehicle. As part of these cases we have been retained by injured parties, vehicle drivers, municipalities, private business owners, and countless others.
Depending on the details of each case, our experts:
- Reconstruct the crash
- Determine if pedestrian was in the crosswalk
- Determine pedestrian speed before and during crash
- Determine vehicle speed before and during crash
- Analyze roadway signs and markings
- Analyze lighting and conspicuity
- Investigate roadway dimensions, sight lines, and signal timings
- Calculate driver perception & response times
- Scrutinize actions of driver & pedestrian
- Analyze effects of distractions
- Perform a biomechanical analysis of the injuries
VEHICLE EVIDENCE & TESTING
Robson Forensic offers a fully appointed mechanical testing laboratory to assist our clients with the inspection of evidence related to vehicle crash cases. Our lab facilities can accommodate evidence as large as complete vehicles, as well as smaller vehicle components or traffic guidance devices.
DISCUSS YOUR CASE WITH AN EXPERT
Call or submit an inquiry to tell us about your case. Once we determine which expert is best qualified to assist, we will put you in direct contact.