We are currently seeking a Forensic Document Examiner for the scientific examination of questioned documents.
The expert will provide investigation, analysis, reports, and testimony where technical and scientific answers are needed to help resolve issues within civil and criminal litigation.
This position is available on a full-time basis, and work location is flexible within the US.
Specialized experience for this position to include:
- Conducting complex and sensitive forensic document examinations through the application of scientific practices for the recognition, collection, analysis, and interpretation of physical evidence for criminal and civil law or regulatory purposes utilizing the most appropriate scientific methodologies and forensic and instrumental techniques.
- Exercises independent discretion and judgment to render conclusions, form opinions and produce reports based on the examination and analysis of evidence and interpretation of scientific observations and data.
- Provides interpretations, conclusions, and opinions through expert witness testimony; produces comprehensive reports and illustrative exhibits for federal, state, and local judicial proceedings at a level sufficient to explain evidence interpretation and conclusions from forensic examinations and scientific data to a lay audience.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and technical advisor in matters relating to the proper collection, preservation, packaging, and submission of criminal evidence; ensures evidence handling requirements are met.
- A baccalaureate degree or higher in forensic science, sciences, or related subjects.
- Successful completion of a minimum 24-month structured training program under the direct and constant supervision of a qualified primary training officer that comports to SWGDOC Standard for Minimum Training Requirements for Forensic Document Examiners.
- Familiarity with instrumentation to include Microscopes; Electrostatic Detection Devises (e.g., Electrostatic Detection Apparatus (ESDA), etc.); document analysis with UV and IR lighting/filters (e.g., Video Spectral Comparator (VSC), etc.
- Proven ability to work both independently and remain flexible as part of a comprehensive team.
- Excellent technical, analytical, writing, and communication skills.
- Willing to participate and attend meetings with various forensic organizations.
Robson Forensic is a national leader in expert witness consulting, providing technical expertise across many fields within engineering, architecture, science, and a broad range of specialty disciplines. Employees at Robson Forensic work alongside highly respected experts from both industry and academia. Our forensic experts are engaged in meaningful casework that is consequential to industry and society. Robson Forensic provides a unique working dynamic that blends collaboration and autonomy.
Due to the seriousness and severity of our work, we do stringent background checks on all our candidates. Candidates are required to pass a drug, background, and reference check prior to their final interview.
Please be cognizant that we will be checking all aspects of your CV to make sure the information included is verifiable.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
A resume and cover letter outlining your professional experience are required, click here to apply.